Category Archives: Cake
Cakes and Cupcakes
I know it’s been a really long time. I was busy finishing up my physical education degree, finding a new apartment, wedding planning, and working. I want to try and get back into the swing of things on here now that things have calmed down a bit.
Since I often cook from recipes that I find online, I am changing the way I post on here. I will give you links to the recipes I used and tell you about any changes that I made instead of posting the whole recipe.
What a better way to get back into things than with cupcakes! I love cupcakes!! They are amazing and have so many variations. This cupcake was inspired by the delicious rum and coke drink. I like to use cherry coke in my rum and coke. Thus I decided to make the drink into a cupcake. Yummy!
The cake recipe comes from Tasty Sweet: The Chronicles of a Cupcake Artist
The frosting recipe was inspired by Raspberri Cupcakes: A Sydney Baking Blog
1. I added about 1 teaspoon of maraschino cherry syrup to the cake batter. I wanted just a bit more cherry flavor in the cake.
2. I used a sour cherry spread in my frosting.
3. I decorated with white sugar pearls to represent the carbonation in the Cherry Coke!
Keep on baking!
Today is my good friend, Josh’s birthday. He had taken some really great pictures of my creations for the blog. To celebrate his birthday I made him some cupcakes!
The cake recipe came from: Confessions of A Faux Gourmet
- I used at chocolate fudge cake mix
- I used 3/4 cup espresso and then a little under 1/4 cup water
The filling recipe came from: The Secrets of Baking: Simple Techniques for Sophisticated Desserts on Pg. 23
The frosting recipe came from: Brown Eyed Baker
- I have made her Irish Car Bomb cupcakes before, and knew the frosting was exactly what I wanted for these cupcakes.