Posted by delectabledelightsbyjess
I’m not usually a big Oreo fan, but a friend’s birthday is coming up soon. He personally requested these cupcakes. I can’t say “no” to someone who wants me to bake for them. 😀
He gave me this website: Death By Oreo Cupcakes
I had also found this website: Cookies and Cream Cupcakes
They are almost the exact same recipe, but with a few differences. So I picked the parts of each that I personally liked and made some Oreo Birthday Cupcakes!
First, pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners. Take one cookie part off the Oreo. Add the rest of the Oreo to the cupcake liner.
Second, mix a chocolate cake mix according to package directions. Crush at least 6 whole Oreos into medium to small pieces. Add the Oreo pieces to the cake mix.
Third, add cake mix to the cupcake liner. Only fill liner 1/2 to 2/3 full. Bake for 15-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out crumb free (clean).
Fourth, crush the cookie tops into super-small to tiny chunks. Take pre-made cream cheese frosting and put into a bowl. Stir in the crushed cookies.
Finally, decorate the completely cooled cupcakes and garnish with a cookies and cream candy bar piece!
Oreo Birthday Cupcakes
1 Box of Devil’s Chocolate Food Cake Mix
- Plus ingredients that the box requires
1 Package of 30 Oreos
2 Cans of Cream Cheese Frosting
1 King Size Cookies and Cream Bar or 24 Mini Oreos (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Fill a cupcake pan with liners. In each liner put in an Oreo with one cookie side taken off. Put that missing cookie piece in a bag and set aside.
2. Make box cake according to package directions. Crush up six whole Oreos into medium to small pieces. Mix the crushed Oreos into the cake mix.
3. Scoop cake mix into cupcake liners. Only fill 1/2 to 2/3 full.
4. Bake cupcakes for 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out basically crumb free.
5. Put the pre-made cream cheese frosting into a bowl. Crush the cookie pieces from earlier into super small to tiny pieces. Mix into the frosting.
6. Decorate the cupcakes once they have completely cooled. Add optional decorations if desired!