Dad’s Chicken Cordon Bleu – Family Sharing
My dad made some tasty Chicken Cordon Bleu and we wanted to share it with you all. This is also the first picture tutorial on the blog!
Flatten each chicken breast. A wood dowel works really well to do this.
Dust each chicken breast with garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and parsley (fresh is best). Apply one slice of swiss cheese, a slice of ham, and another slice of cheese.
Roll up each chicken breast.
Wrap the chicken breasts in wax or parchment paper. Twist the ends tightly. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Mix bread crumbs with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne (the cayenne is optional). Whisk together one egg and 2 tablespoons of milk. Coat a baking dish with cooking oil.
Unwrap the chicken and dunk it in the egg mixture. Repeat for each chicken breast.
Roll the chicken in bread crumb mixture. Again repeat for each chicken breast.
Place the chicken breasts in the prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. (Baking time may vary due to oven temperature differences).
You can spray the top with some vegetable oil to help brown the tops a little more.
Mashed potatoes and cheesy broccoli are tasty sides to this chicken cordon bleu!
Dad’s Chicken Cordon Bleu
4 Chicken Breasts
Onion Powder (to taste)
Garlic Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Parsley (to taste)
8 Slices of Swiss Cheese
4 Slices of Ham
2 Tablespoons of Milk
Bread Crumb Mixture:
1 Cup of Bread Crumbs
1 Teaspoon of Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon of Garlic Salt
Pinch of Cayenne (Optional)
1. Flatten each chicken breast. Dust, to taste, with garlic salt, onion powder, pepper, and parsley.
- A wooden dowel works well to flatten the chicken.
- You can use dried parsley, but fresh is best!
2. Layer onto each chicken breast one slice of swiss cheese, 1 slice of ham, and then one more slice of swiss cheese.
3. Roll up each chicken breast. Then wrap each one in wax or parchment paper. Make sure to tightly twist each end.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. In a bowl mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- The cayenne pepper is optional.
6. In another bowl whisk together the egg and 2 tablespoons of milk.
7. Spray a glass baking dish with cooking oil.
8. Unwrap the chicken breasts one at a time. Dip each breast into the egg mixture, and then the bread crumbs. Place the coated chicken breasts into the baking dish.
- You can spray the top of the breasts with some vegetable oil to help the chicken brown up a little more.
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
10. Remove from the oven and Enjoy!
Posted on January 27, 2013, in Dinner, Family Sharing and tagged broccoli, cheese, chicken, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Cordon Bleu, Garlic Powder, Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Onion powder, Parsley, Swiss Cheese. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.