Chocolate Peppermint Biscotti – Christmas Baking Part 1
I found a new recipe this year for the christmas baking my family and I do. This chocolate peppermint biscotti recipe is delicious! I cannot wait to share it with you all!
1 Cup of Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- I also made a batch using mint extract, and they tasted just as good as the peppermint extract batch.
2 Cups of Flour + 1/4 Cup For The Tray
3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + 1 Tablespoon For The Tray
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Hot Water + 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- If you prefer you can omit the instant coffee.
11 Ounces White Chocolate Morsels
2 Tablespoons Milk
6 Peppermint Candy Canes or One Bag of Circle Peppermints – Crushed
Directions (With Instant Coffee):
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat sugar, eggs, hot water, instant coffee, and the peppermint extract until smooth.
3. Add 1 cup of flour to the sugar mixture. Beat until combined. Add the second cup of flour, 3/4 cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- The dough is going to be very stiff and sticky.
4. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
5. In a small bowl mix together the additional flour (1/4 cup) and the cocoa powder (1 tablespoon).
6. Sprinkle flour cocoa mixture on the lined cookie sheets. Also coat your hands with some of the mixture. This will keep the dough from sticking to the cookie sheet and your hands.
7. Divide the dough in half. One half of the dough goes to each cookie sheet. Press the dough into a rectangle. They should be 1/4 to 1/2 inch tall.
8. Bake for 20 minutes. Then let cool for 10-15 minutes.
9. Cut the rectangles into 1/2 to 3/4 inch wide slices. Turn them onto their side on the cookie sheet. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
10. Let cool completely on wire rack.
11. Add chocolate and milk to a double boiler. The chocolate is melted when it is smooth and there are not chocolate chunks.
12. With a flat spatula spread chocolate on the flat side of the biscotti.
- You can cover the whole side of half. How you decorate with the chocolate is up to you!
13. Add crushed peppermint pieces.
14. Give away as gifts or enjoy with some coffee or tea!
- I put three of mine in a festive treat bag and tied the top with a ribbon. Then I put thee treat bag in a holiday mug and gave it away as gifts for my friends. I also ate a few with some black tea. They were so tasty!
Posted on December 28, 2012, in College Food, Dessert, Holiday Food and tagged Biscotti, chocolate, Chocolate Biscotti, Christmas, cocoa powder, Friends, Gifting, Giving, Holidays, Peppermint, Peppermint Biscotti, peppermint candy canes. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.