Pizza Roll Bites
Sorry for not posting in a while. I have been busy getting ready for school. I just finished my first week as senior in college. It is hard to believe that in three semesters I will have completed my bachelors degree in physical education. To help with the anxiety of the first week I made these whimsical pizza roll bites. I found the recipe on Our Best Bites blog.
1 Package Pepperoni
8 Ounces Mozzarella Cheese
1 Jar of Marinara Sauce
1 Package Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- I used a garlic and herb dough.
9 Inch Cake Pan
1. Pre-heat your oven to the temperature listed on the pizza dough package.
2. Roll and stretch out the pizza dough. You want to be able to cut out about 24 squares of dough.
3. Once you have cut your squares, I suggest using a pizza cutter to cut the dough, stretch it out a little more. Add your toppings, mozzarella and pepperoni.
4. Fold corners to the center and pinch so that none of the tasty goodness inside can seep out during cooking. Put the pinched side down in the cake pan. Line all pizza roll bites in the pan like your would cinnamon rolls.
5. Once all the bites are in the pan, drizzle some olive oil over all the bites. You don’t want to soak them, so only pour enough olive oil to lightly coat each bite. Then put a little Italian seasoning on top of each bite along with a few sprinkles of mozzarella cheese.
6. Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until bites start turning golden brown on top.
7. After you take the pizza roll bites out of the oven and are waiting for them to cool, heat up your marinara sauce.
8. Dip pizza roll bites into the marinara sauce and Enjoy!
I am taking a class this semester about reading and literacy in the classroom. We have been talking about how students and people in general read a variety of texts, but usually have one that they are most comfortable reading. I know that I really enjoy reading sci-fi, fantasy, and/or romance books. I have currently been reading Sherrilyn Kenyon‘s Dark-Hunter series.
There are so many different types of texts to read such as: cookbooks, musical lyrics, play wrights, user manuals, blogs, menus, poetry, and others. Which text(s) are you most comfortable reading?
Posted on September 1, 2012, in Appetizers, College Food, Dinner, Snacks and tagged Bite, dinner, Marinara Sauce, mozzarella, Pepperoni, pizza, pizza cutter, Pizza Dough, Pizza Roll Bites, Pizza Rolls. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.