My mom’s garden was starting to get out of control! So to reign it back in she harvested a ton of veggies. I was fortunate enough to get a bunch of green beans and a couple zucchini! Yumm! I love veggies straight from the garden. As a kid I use to pick carrots, wipe off the dirt, and start munching! To use some of the zucchini I knew I wanted to make bread. I found a recipe that I thought looked good and gave it a whirl! How do you cook zucchini?
1 1/2 + 1/8 C. All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs (Beaten)
1/6 C. Water
1 C. Zucchini (Grated)
1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, salt, nutmeg, baking soda, cinnamon, and sugar into a large bowl.
3. In a medium bowl add eggs and beat with a fork. Then add the vegetable oil, water, zucchini, and lemon juice. Mix well.
4. Fold zucchini mixture to the flour mixture. The mix until all ingredients are in cooperated.
5. Grease baking pan. Pour batter into the pan.
6. Put in the oven and bake for 30 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let cool for 5 mins. Serve and Enjoy!