I’m a sucker for Italian food, and right after ravioli comes baked Ziti in my book. So the other night I decided that Ziti was on the menu! YUM! I have made this recipe before and love it! The Ziti comes out creamy and delicious!
4 C. Ziti Noodles
1 Jar Pasta Sauce
1-2 Roma Tomatoes (Diced)
6 oz. Cream Cheese
About 3/4 C. Sour Cream
1 Pkg. Shredded Mozzarella
1/3 – 3/4 C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Pasta is done when the center of the noodle no longer is hard or crunchy.
3. Drain water from pasta. Set aside.
4. In the pot that you cooked the pasta in add the pasta sauce, tomatoes, and cream cheese.
- To help the cream cheese melt faster, cut it into chunks or small pieces.
5. Stir the mixture, on medium heat, until the cheese is melted. Return the pasta to the pot. Stir until all noodles are coated in the sauce mixture.
6. Pour noodle mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish. Slather on the sour cream and mix to incorporate. Mix in the half, or an amount of your liking, the mozzarella cheese.
7. For the final delicious layer add the mozzarella and parmesan cheese to your liking. Do not mix.
8. Put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 mins or until cheese is starting to turn golden on the top.
9. Let cool for 3-5 mins. Serve and Enjoy!
**Photography by Josh S.