Twisted Caesar Salad
Gary and I love caesar salads! However, we had lots of spinach left over and no romaine lettuce. So I came up with a twist on caesar. I didn’t even realize I was making a caesar salad until I was serving it. Sometimes inspiration just happens I guess! I hope you all enjoy this light and tasty rendition of a caesar salad!
2 c. Spinach
1 Chicken Breast
1 1/2 tsp. Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Caesar Dressing Vinaigrette
1- 1 1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
1 1/2 c. Rigatoni Pasta
1. Boil water in a sauce pot. Once water is boiling add the rigatoni pasta.
- Pasta is done once the center is soft. Drain pasta. Let the pasta cool.
2. Cut the chicken in small bite sized pieces.
3. Cook the chicken with the extra virgin olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Chicken is done once all the pink is gone and the outside is starting to golden.
4. Cut 2/3 of the cucumber into small slices. Cut those slices in half. Put in a large bowl.
5. Take the spinach and put in the bowl with the cucumber slices.
- Check your spinach as you put in the bowl. You wouldn’t want any bad spinach to make into your salad.
6. Add the parmesan, chicken, and noodles to the spinach and cucumbers.
7. Mix with hands until the ingredients are mixed together.
8. Add caesar vinaigrette dressing to your liking.
9. Serve and enjoy!