Chicken Strips and Baked Tomatoes
Tonight for dinner, Gary and I enjoyed chicken strips and really tasty baked tomatoes! I loved how simple and quick this dinner was. Including prep time this meal took about 40 minutes. Since the baked tomatoes and the chicken strips had the same bake time, I was able to have them in the oven at the same time. That made the timing of the meal work perfectly!
I saw this recipe for baked tomatoes the other day and wanted to try it out. They just looked like something that Gary and I would enjoy since we both love tomatoes!
2 Large Tomatoes
1/4 c. Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
1 tsp Dried Basil
1/2 c. Parmesan Cheese
1. Take stickers off the tomatoes.
2. Remove the center of the tomato. Cut the tomatoes in half.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Cover a small pan with foil.
5. Put the tomatoes, cut side up, on the pan and coat the tops with the balsamic dressing.
6. Combine the cheese and basil. Sprinkle over the tops of the tomatoes.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melty.
Gary and I also had some chicken tenderloins left over from a previous meal. The chicken tenderloins reminded me of chicken strips. What was nice about the chicken strips was they are easy to make and did not cost that much. Perfect for us college students!
1 c. Bread Crumbs
1 tbsp All-Purpose Seasoning
1 tbsp Melted Butter
5-6 Chicken Tenderloins
1. Cut the fat off the tenderloins.
2. Rinse off the chicken.
3. Pre-heat Oven to 350 degrees.
4. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
5. Melt the butter.
6. Combine the bread crumbs and all-purpose seasoning.
7. Cover each tenderloin in butter. Then coat in the bread crumb mixture. Put tenderloins on the baking sheet.
8. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip tenderloins. Bake for another 10 minutes.
9. Check to make sure chicken in done.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3-5 minutes.