Cranberry, Pecan, and Maybe Chocolate Chip Muffins!
It is cloudy and rainy out today. This type of weather just makes me want muffins and a latte. I enjoy muffins that have fruit and nuts but, I also wanted chocolate chips. Gary was opposed to that idea. So I made most of the muffins without chocolate chips and the a few with, for me!
2 1/4 c. All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
Pinch of Salt
1/2 c. Sugar
1/2 c. Vegetable Oil
1 Whole Egg
1 Egg Yolk
1 c. Plain Yogurt
1-2 c. Extras (Pecans, Cranberries, and Chocolate Chips)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
3. Mix the sugar, vegetable oil, whole egg, egg yolk, and yogurt until combined.
4. Pour the sugar mixture into the flour mixture. Stir twice.
5. Add the extras and mix the batter. Do not mix until smooth; it should look similar to cookie batter.
6. Add cupcake liners to your muffin tin. Spoon batter into liners. The liners should be mostly filled.
- Muffins do not rise like cupcakes, that is why you can fill the liner pretty full!
7. Pop the muffins in the oven for 16-18 minutes.
8. Take the muffins out the oven and immediately take them out the pan.
9. Let them cool for 3-5 minutes.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: I’m Just Here For More Food: Food x Mixing x Heat = Baking (pg. 92)