No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Posted by delectabledelightsbyjess
This is one of my favorite cookies and is so simple to make. As an added bonus there is no bake time required. Meaning that during the summer you don’t have to wait around the hot oven! I changed this recipe a little from a previous time I made it. Instead of using smooth peanut butter I used chunky. I really like this adaptation. I think cookies taste even better this way!
1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
1/2 c. Milk
2 c. Sugar
3 c. Rolled Oats
1 c. Chunky Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
Wax or Parchment Paper
1. In a sauce pan boil the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and milk. Let boil for 1 minute.
2. Take sauce pan off the heat and stir in vanilla, oats, and peanut butter.
3. Lay out some wax or parchment paper.
4. Spoon medium to small amount onto the paper.
5. Let the cookies cool so they become mostly hardened.
6. With a spatula remove the cookies from the paper. You’ll know they are ready when they are still a bit soft if you try to pick them up with your hands from the paper, but when after removing the cookies from the paper with the spatula they still retain their shape.