Mexican Chicken Rice Dinner
I have recently decided that margaritas are one of my all time favorite drinks. So tonight my boyfriend, Gary, and I made margaritas and Mexican chicken rice for dinner. SOOO tasty! We have made the mexican chicken rice before and it is the perfect college meal. We use the Rice-A-Roni Mexican Style rice and follow the directions on the back of the box. I’ll explain the process though.
2 tablespoons butter Package of Rice-A-Roni Mexican Style Rice
2 1/4 water Skillet or small sauce pot
1 chicken breast (per box)
1. Chop chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Cook the chicken in with the small pot or sauce pot until done, just starting to brown on the outside.
- I use some extra virgin olive oil in the sauce pan to help keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom.
3. Stir the rice mix, butter, water, and special seasonings (from the package) into the pot or skillet with the chicken until boiling.
4. Cover and reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Let stand for 2-3 minutes before serving.
1 1/2 oz. Tequila
3/4 oz. Triple Sec
3/4 oz. Lime Juice
Lime wedge (optional)
1. Rim cocktail glass with salt.
2. Add Tequila, Triple Sec, and Lime juice together.
3. Shake with ice.
4. Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
4. Cut lime into wedges and garnish glass with one lime wedge.
5. Enjoy with tasty Mexican chicken rice!
Recipes adapted from:
2. See Mix Drink (pg. 124)